Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small bug regarding the progress window

3 posters

Go down

small bug regarding the progress window Empty small bug regarding the progress window

Post by jvidal Mon 20 Sep - 0:21

Hi!

This is an old bug, I just didn't report it before.
If you open your browser and antdm is not running, when you click on a link to download something, antdDM is invoked by the browser and it downloads the file requested, but the progress window is not shown (no taskbar icon either), neither is the tray notification. This only happens in this particular case. If antdm is already running when you click on a link, then the progress windows appears normally and so do the tray notifications (download started - download finished balloon).
I hope it can be easily fixed, since it's somewhat anoying, you have to guess if the download was done or not.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

small bug regarding the progress window Empty Re: small bug regarding the progress window

Post by antdm Mon 20 Sep - 6:04

do you about chrome or firefox or both browsers?

antdm

Back to top Go down

small bug regarding the progress window Empty Re: small bug regarding the progress window

Post by jvidal Mon 20 Sep - 7:01

I use firefox
latest firefox, latest AntDM

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 20 Sep - 7:07

For me, there's the progress window.
My test:
- close AntDM
- firefox + https://antdownloadmanager.com/download
- click to download antdm
- AntDM starts, sows Download dialog, I click download button
- the progress window appears

Where am I wrong?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Mon 20 Sep - 7:08

I don't have the Progress Window and Taskbar Icon issue (if you open your browser and AntDM is not running).

I don't know about the Tray Notifications. I have enabled "Show download complete message in System Tray." And I never got the download completion message irrespective of AntDM was running or not when you clicked a link.

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 20 Sep - 7:13

this usually happens the very first time you wanna download something after a reboot.
steps:
-reboot your machine. AntDM must NOT be set to load with windows
-start your browser (firefox)
-download something
The download will be done, but you will see no progress window or systray ballon notifications.
Download some other file :
everthing will be as expected.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 20 Sep - 7:14

khanyash wrote: I never got the download completion message irrespective of AntDM was running or not when you clicked a link.
Win10 or win7?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 20 Sep - 7:18

khanyash wrote:

And I never got the download completion message irrespective of AntDM was running or not when you clicked a link.

you have to set that option in preferences-->downloads , the last 3 options deal with that.
In windows 10 it's a bit different, instead of a balloon notification, you get a notification from the action center.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Mon 20 Sep - 7:31

@antdm
Win 10

@jvidal
I keep the option "Launch automatically with Windows" disabled. I don't have the Progress Bar and Taskbar Icon issue.

I have enabled the second option. I never got a balloon or action center message.

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 20 Sep - 18:47

BTW, another bug somewhat related to this is back.
It happens sometimes that Antdm sort of freezes, you can't open it by clicking the systray icon and the progress windows appear in the taskbar, but nothing happens when you click them. Hovering the mouse over the taskbar icon only shows a generic image, not the actual progress window. The only way to fix it is by killing antdm.exe in task manager and then it works fine again.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 21 Sep - 17:23

jvidal wrote:BTW, another bug somewhat related to this is back.
It happens sometimes that Antdm sort of freezes, you can't open it by clicking the systray icon and the progress windows appear in the taskbar, but nothing happens when you click them. Hovering the mouse over the taskbar icon only shows a generic image, not the actual progress window. The only way to fix it is by killing antdm.exe in task manager and then it works fine again.
Fixing this error requires reliable reproduction of the bug. Unfortunately, it has yet to be reproduced  small bug regarding the progress window 1f615 .

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Tue 21 Sep - 17:49

it happens fairly often. I mean, not every single day, but it happens with a certain frequency.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 22 Sep - 11:12

jvidal wrote:it happens fairly often. I mean, not every single day, but it happens with a certain frequency.
Add more information on when it happens more often, for example:
- download the video
 - from YouTube, 10+, 50+ downloads...
 - m3u8,...
 - mpeg-dash,...
- any downloads, not just videos
- 10 and more downloads, 50+
- something else....
?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 22 Sep - 17:35

it is completey random. it can happen at any time. I don't use AntDM for videos or youtube, only regular files.
The problem is that antDM stops responding. you can not open it by clicking the tray icon, you can't close it either. the only way is terminating the process in task manager, open it again and everything is back to normal.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 13 Oct - 2:41

BTW, Antdm not responding bug is still happening on the latest v2.41 beta.
Only way is to kill the process.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 13 Oct - 5:40

jvidal wrote:BTW, Antdm not responding bug is still happening on the latest v2.41 beta.
Only way is to kill the process.

How do I repeat this hang-up? If I download 5-6 files endlessly in a loop, will I come to this error?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 13 Oct - 5:48

unfortunately it is completely random. I usually never turn off my PC, it's running 24/7 and Ant is usually running all the time as well, maybe it's an issue that only comes up after a few days running.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 13 Oct - 5:51

the weird thing is that although Antdm hangs, it still serves download request, but the progress windows are empty and you can not restore/maximize/close form the tray icon, it's completely non-responsive.
Maybe the GUI is a separate sub-process, that's why the core engine keeps working, while the GUI fails.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 13 Oct - 5:54

jvidal wrote:unfortunately it is completely random. I usually never turn off my PC, it's running 24/7 and Ant is usually running all the time as well, maybe it's an issue that only comes up after a few days running.
sadly small bug regarding the progress window 1f615
You left, left to download the files, and when you came, then AntDM is already hanging?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 13 Oct - 5:59

no, it's not like that, it doesn't happen with big files necessarily. It can be working just fine until suddenly I notice there's no progress widow, only a taskbar icon, that is just blank. Then I go to the tray icon and notice that I can't do anything with Andtm and I'm forced to kill the process.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down