Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked. Empty Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

Post by Zamigiga Wed 13 Sep - 18:42

Greetings:

I want to have the "start download dialogue" window appear. However, I don't want to see a download progress window. Yet if I untick the progress window option while the "start download dialogue" box is ticked, I see a progress window anyway. It seems the only way to not see the progress window is to untick the "start..." option. Please fix this...I do not wish to see obtrusive windows on my screen. In fact, in my opinion, the "download complete" and "progress" would best be relegated to the systray messaging system, rather than old school window dialogue windows.

Thank you/

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked. Empty Re: Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

Post by francois Thu 14 Sep - 19:13

Hello
The bug has been corrected. The display of this window can be disabled now and this option is working correctly now.
You can download the new version. (this is an unfinalized version)

DOWNLOAD

François -Support AntDM

francois
Admin

https://antdm.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked. Empty Re: Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

Post by Zamigiga Fri 15 Sep - 17:19

That did it, François. Thank you for your quick response on this issue.

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Tue 18 Dec - 17:49

Unfortunately, now the opposite bug happens, if you untick the "start download dialogue", then there's no progress window, even if the option is ticked.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 7:43

Thank you for you new notification!
Our last updates is here.
Some fixes was made. You can try this 1.11.1 beta build.
I hope I understood the problem you pointed out correctly.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 15:20

what build is this? I'm already trying build 55023 and it still doesn't work as expected.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 15:25

Please repeat your steps to reproduce a problem. May be I incorrect understood you.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 15:26

ok, I see it's build 55049 and now t works as expected (the progress dialog appears when the "add download" prompt is disabled.
Nicely done, thank you.
On the ther hand, I believe the progress dialog takes a bit too long to disappear after the download is completed (about 2 secs or so. maybe it should disappear immediately afer finishing)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 15:35

On the there hand, I believe the progress dialog takes a bit too long to disappear after the download is completed (about 2 secs or so. maybe it should disappear immediately after finishing)
3 sec. This time is an opportunity for the user to refuse his choice. Do you think this is wrong?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 15:35

now, unfortunately I found another bug.
I downloaded this: downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/Vivaldi.2.2.1388.37.exe
and then I tried to download this: downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/Vivaldi.2.2.1388.37.x64.exe

but AntDM prompts me what to do because the download already exists. This is clearly a bug, sice these are two different files...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 15:37

antdm wrote:
On the there hand, I believe the progress dialog takes a bit too long to disappear after the download is completed (about 2 secs or so. maybe it should disappear immediately after finishing)
3 sec. This time is an opportunity for the user to refuse his choice. Do you think this is wrong?

maybe the time could be user-selectable...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 15:42

No! Too many settings scare the user. Need either 0 or 3 seconds.
I have no personal preference.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 15:45

other download managers ike FDM offer the user the possibility to select the delay before the notifications disappear...

New bug: AntDM doesn't catch clicks here: jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 15:53

New bug: AntDM doesn't catch clicks here: jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html
What can I do with this link?
I can download these files. Tried to download some.
What is your browser?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 16:08

Firefox 64.0 x64 on win7 x64

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 16:13

please check extension v.0.2.32.
What file(s) from this list do not you download?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 16:14

On chrome, it catches the clicks, but the browser also prompts me where to save the files. It should be one or the other, not both

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 16:21

On chrome, it catches the clicks, but the browser also prompts me where to save the files. It should be one or the other, not both
Sorry I a little didnt understand what did you mean.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 17:08

In chrome, when i click on a link on that page, antDM catches the the download, but the browser window asking where to save the file also appears. That shouldn't happen.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 17:18

See settings:Downloads\Forbid return of download to the browser.
Select checked.

This is the ability to return the download to the browser. Extension keeps downloading in the pause ~25-30 seconds. If the user does not decide to download or click Cancel, the download returns to the browser.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 19 Dec - 17:36

Do you from Japan? I asked because lack Japanese translation.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 19 Dec - 18:51

nooooo, i'm not from japan. what translation????

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 20 Dec - 6:49

Sorry, forget Very Happy

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 16:01

antdm wrote:See settings:Downloads\Forbid return of download to the browser.
Select checked.

This is the ability to return the download to the browser. Extension keeps downloading in the pause ~25-30 seconds.  If the user does not decide to download or click Cancel, the download returns to the browser.

this is not the case, both the progress window and the browser's "save as..." dialog aappear at the same time...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 16:03

and what about this:

now, unfortunately I found another bug.
I downloaded this: downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/Vivaldi.2.2.1388.37.exe
and then I tried to download this: downloads.vivaldi.com/stable/Vivaldi.2.2.1388.37.x64.exe

but AntDM prompts me what to do because the download already exists. This is clearly a bug, sice these are two different files...

you neveer replied to that...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next