Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings

2 posters

Go down

Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings Empty Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings

Post by Saadi Thu 10 Dec - 12:30

Hello,
(sorry for my bad english)
in Config > Downloads > Extra Settings > internet connection
I think it is better to create such a feature: set "Internet connection type" and "maximum download speed" by user. And AntDM set buffer size auto.

my internet is ADSL and max download speed is 1.7-1.9 mb. i defined number threads per download "8" and buffer size "3512"kb. now downloads speed is better.

However Antdm still starts downloading(show file size), with a bit moment delay (than other DMs).

Another feature: export/import AntDM settings.

and application Theme is is a bit heavy and sometimes open with a moment delay.

Saadi

Back to top Go down

Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings Empty Re: Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings

Post by antdm Thu 10 Dec - 13:37

Saadi wrote:
I think it is better to create such a feature: set "Internet connection type" and "maximum download speed" by user. And AntDM set buffer size auto.
my internet is ADSL and max download speed is 1.7-1.9 mb. i defined number threads per download "8" and buffer size "3512"kb. now downloads speed is better.
The buffer size doesn't really have much effect on the download speed. If the internet speed is high, then the deciding factor for the download speed becomes the disk speed! SSDs should be preferred in order to increase download speed.

Sorry I didn't understand this issue. Delay in the color scheme change?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings Empty Re: Setting the buffer size smartly - Export/Import settings

Post by Saadi Thu 10 Dec - 14:17

antdm wrote:
Saadi wrote:
The buffer size doesn't really have much effect on the download speed. If the internet speed is high, then the deciding factor for the download speed becomes the disk speed! SSDs should be preferred in order to increase download speed.

Sorry I didn't understand this issue. Delay in the color scheme change?

export/import all AntDM settings, not only theme.

And about theme, my purpose was the full skin of AntDM (not theme's color).
loading the Antdm window by clicking on icon in system tray (or when starts a download window) sometimes is with a moment delay or sometimes a bit pressure on the Windows.

Last edited by Saadi on Thu 10 Dec - 20:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix "purpose" word)

Saadi

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 10 Dec - 14:29

No one has reported a similar problem. For me, app runs without significant delay, even on a virtual machine.

If you have a lot of old downloads (hundreds) this can significantly slow down app launch. Try clearing the list of old downloads.

If you download a lot of videos, then switch to table mode. Submission of video thumbnails takes up a considerable amount of PC resources! You can see it in Task Manager.

Also it is possible if your antivirus is delaying app launch to check it in its sandbox. Try disabling it temporarily.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Saadi Thu 10 Dec - 20:24

antdm wrote:No one has reported a similar problem. For me, app runs without significant delay, even on a virtual machine.

If you have a lot of old downloads (hundreds) this can significantly slow down app launch. Try clearing the list of old downloads.
No, there are not hundreds or a hundred items in downloads list.

no significant delay(that was my purpose). and in low systems a little more delay. and some times more. Is it possible to speed up the performance of the program?

Saadi

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 11 Dec - 6:36

Saadi wrote:Is it possible to speed up the performance of the program?
For it I have to see and reproduce the issue. I can't see it.
Maybe there are specific settings or behaviors of your PC or downloads. Try repeating this on another PC.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down