Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader

2 posters

Go down

Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader Empty Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader

Post by Khal Mon 18 Jul - 23:56

Hi,

Every time I try to use ANT Downloader on a server that has a self-signed SSL certificate to download a file, the application returns an error saying:
The server is not responding
INET27 [Out of memory]

Is there an option to enable downloading from server with self-signed certificates?

If I use another download managers don't have any issues downloading from a server with a self signed certificate ANT downloader couldn't download from.

Thanks.

Khal

Back to top Go down

Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader Empty Re: Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader

Post by antdm Tue 19 Jul - 6:46

Please post test link.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader Empty Re: Self signed Certificate and ANT downloader

Post by Khal Tue 19 Jul - 16:02

I can't, the server is private behind a whitelisted IP only firewall.

The other server with a self-signed certificate I had tested ANT with was like a year ago when I first tried the ANT dl application, and it's not up anymore. I initially tested the application like a year ago, and when it crapped out on self signed certificates and the application didn't have any option to disable checking for certificate, I just uninstalled it. I reinstalled it yesterday hoping the option would have made its way in the app, but it didn't. So I made a post to ask.

The certificate on the server I use daily has a ECDSA with secp256r1 curve certificate.

Other download managers I use that have a switch to disable checking for certificates that don't have any issue downloading from the site are:
FDM
AWGG with Wget or Aria2

Khal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 19 Jul - 16:13

Sorry, I can not answer on your question because I can not reproduce your issue.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Khal Tue 19 Jul - 16:51

lol.

Your application craps out trying to check non-valid self-signed certificate, just install a Apache or Nginix on Windows or Linux, create a self signed certificate and try yourself.

Gl.

Khal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 20 Jul - 10:51

Dear user, we use the well known CURL project to work with Internet. We disable CURL verifies whether the certificate is authentic.

Your error (INET27 [Out of memory]) talking about an internal problem in this library. We need a specific link to a specific file to reproduce an error.
To solve such problems, the help of the owner of this library is sometimes required. He will also need a specific example.

Thank you for your understanding.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum