Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed the player selection

2 posters

Go down

Missed the player selection Empty Missed the player selection

Post by Gloops Sun 23 Oct - 1:07

Hello everybody,

I just installed Ant Video Player on a new machine with Windows 10 and Firefox 106.0.1

I already knew about needing to install the native application, so it did not take time to understand it.

The installation was quite quick, and I already downloaded a video.

Below it in the list, I can click on Browse and it opens the folder, when I double-click on the file in the folder it displays the video. Nice.

But if click on "Play", it displays "No default video player". It seems I missed the selection of the player during the installation. At a moment I had many windows opened so I closed them, perhaps I saw a field for the player but was not quick enough to stop closing windows.

I searched for the message in the help file, but I am afraid I found nothing relevant. Can anybody help ?

Gloops

Back to top Go down

Missed the player selection Empty Re: Missed the player selection

Post by antdm Sun 23 Oct - 6:01

Our software does not have a video player in the distribution!

A video player is a separate class of software s from other developers. Windows also has own standard video player.
In some cases, you may encounter a video playback issue. This is usually if the file is corrupted or your player is outdated and does not support the new video format.

Try installing another external video player, for exampe this https://www.codecguide.com/

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloops Mon 24 Oct - 22:43

Hello,
Well yes, I know that, I generally use K-Lite Codec Pack, and its video player MPC-HC.
Ant Video Downloader launches it with no problem when clicking on the "Play" button. But I do not remember what I did for that.

For a few days I use a replacement machine, while the other one goes for reparation. I use software that came with Windows 10, currently my videos are played with "Films and TV", but I also could prefer Windows Media Player.
As I said, this works pretty good from the files explorer, as that software has been selected at the level of the file type in Windows.
The only problem is with the "Play" button in the download list of Ant Video Player.
I use that button for years on my other machine, but I do not not remember what I did for that, I presume there is a "default player" setting somewhere.
Or is it supposed to refer to the Windows file type ?

Gloops

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 25 Oct - 4:19

There are no other additional settings for run video player.

The start of the video player is not a software feature of AntDM. AntDM calls the standard Windows service, and it determines how the application will be launched, if it is an archive, then it will be opened, if it is exe file, then it will be launched, and if it is a video, then it will be played in the video player.

You may need to reassociate video file extensions (or this particular video file) in your Windows. This is most likely the solution to your issue.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloops Tue 25 Oct - 8:36

OK thank you.
It seems associating "Films and TV" was not a great idea, once I associated Windows Media Player it ran OK.
I hesitate to install K-Lite Codec Pack as there is only 2GB left and I installed no firewall yet, is is an ultra-light laptop.

Gloops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down