Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again!

2 posters

Go down

Here we go again! Empty Here we go again!

Post by RIC4003 Sun 5 Aug - 8:13

Hi,

I have yet another round of downloading problems. Everything's been going great until I hit the 1.7.11 update and downloading has been difficult at best. Specifically anything from the Discovery networks. I noticed in the video box, that all of the available formats were in AES encryption, when in 1.7.10 and before they were all M3U8. I am running on Windows 10, using version 1.7.10 of AntDM and I solely use Firefox as my browser, version 61.0.1, their latest and greatest. I went back to 1.7.10 because for a short while I was able to download from Discovery and now I get the same error message. Continuing on, what happens when I select an episode and the video box displays, the player goes black with an error message that says "We're sorry, we're having problems playing video on this browser." I have tried Microsoft Edge and IE but I have the same issue there as well. One of the links causing trouble is: https://content-auso1.uplynk.com/2ea626ea11674c2a96e54953fead976c/h.m3u8?pbs=4a6f2cd1476f477fbfa417bf1e032ded. I have tried many things to get AntDM to work right again including troubleshooting plugins and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the program. After this long description, I'm pretty sure that I'm still forgetting something. So if I have, please reply.

Thanks,

RIC

RIC4003

Back to top Go down

Here we go again! Empty Re: Here we go again!

Post by antdm Sun 5 Aug - 15:38

Please give me the Discovery page url (not .m3u8 link) to reproduce your problem.

Also you have to remember that all web sites (webmasters) develop their products. Change, protocols, content, presentation methods, players.
What worked yesterday may stop working tomorrow. It does not always depend on current or previous version of AntDM. Web, video technologies is moving forward.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by RIC4003 Sun 5 Aug - 23:55

Hi antdm,

First off, thanks for your help. Next, here's the link you requested: https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/fear-thy-neighbor/full-episodes/family-values. I was afraid you were going to say words to the effect that it's the network that's changed it's protocols, encryption, etc. See what you can do and who knows, maybe you can fix it.

RIC

RIC4003

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 6 Aug - 16:22

Hi Ric,

discovery.com and investigationdiscovery.com sites began to work with the service uplynk.com, which supports DRM (Digital rights management) technology for content protection and has its own methods of video stream protection.
Obviously they do not want third-party programs to download their videos.
Now very many sites working with a user subscription use protective technologies such as DRM.

Unfortunately, today we have not a way to solve this problem. Sad

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum