Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time - Page 3 Empty Re: clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 8:15

nope, I have closed and opened firefox several times, same result.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time - Page 3 Empty Re: clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 8:23

jvidal wrote:BTW, I just found, by pure chance, another bug:
If I click on this link: https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/ant11.png, the browser takes me to the image, that's ok.
but, If I copy it to the clipboard, then Antdm Downloads it, and don't even have the PNG type in the "automatically download list"!!!!!!!

Capture clipboard is not related to the filter automatic download.
Automatic downloading - this is the capture files when navigating in the browser.
Putting links to the clipboard is a deliberate action of the user.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 8:26

jvidal wrote:nope, I have closed and opened firefox several times, same result.
Ok, I will retest it for Firefox.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 8:36

ok.
And on the other issue, adding an address to the exclusion list does have an effect on what you copy to the clipboard (the exact same thing we've doing the last few days with youtube, why wouldn't it be the same for file types?)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 8:42

jvidal wrote:the exact same thing we've doing the last few days with youtube, why wouldn't it be the same for file types?
In the former case it is enough to analyze the link itself.
In the second case (file type) should be made to the server and retrieve the file type. This is a time consuming operation for continuous analysis of the clipboard.
for example you can copy link https://antdownloadmanager.com/download.cgi, but  really, this link leads to a file
https://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/AntDM.1.17.1.setup.exe

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 17:57

so? there's nothing to be doe about this? it's a little frustrating...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 17:59

BTW, I see you released v1.17.3, I'll check it out right away!
Thnks for all your work!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Fri 3 Apr - 22:13

jvidal wrote:BTW, I see you released v1.17.3, I'll check it out right away!
Thnks for all your work!

I didn't try with the previous AntDM version. I have this latest AntDM version. Currently I have Edge Chrome and Vivaldi. When I add WMV in Downloads - File Types, AntDM intercepts this WMV download https://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/clipboard2.wmv

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 22:16

nope, still not working here

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 4 Apr - 11:31

khanyash wrote:
jvidal wrote:BTW, I see you released v1.17.3, I'll check it out right away!
Thnks for all your work!

I didn't try with the previous AntDM version. I have this latest AntDM version. Currently I have Edge Chrome and Vivaldi. When I add WMV in Downloads - File Types, AntDM intercepts this WMV download https://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/clipboard2.wmv

jvidal wrote about firefox problem. This is not a bug, but the problem is related to the failure to work well with downloadable files, in contrast to the chromium browsers.

In this case, it concerns certain types of video files posted for download. I do not have a holistic solution yet.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 4 Apr - 18:50

oh, ok. let's see how it goes. It's not like I download wmv files everyday anyway...

thanks!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 8 Apr - 15:45

jvidal,
Some users are experiencing problems with too sensitive capture of links from the clipboard.
I did fixes in the software settings.
Now added additional setting - the sensitivity of capture of clipboard link. Please look at 1.17.4.beta "Config\Tab General".
If it will work fine then give me the translation for 10877=Sensitivity
Thanks!

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 8 Apr - 20:31

thanks, i'll check it out!
sensitivity translates as "sensibilidad" in spanish.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 20 Apr - 19:21

Hi!

something happened in the latest beta, clipboard monitoring is not working again.
And I have the sesnitivity set to "high".

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 21 Apr - 15:43

It sounds strange, because nothing has changed in this part of the current version.
Need a sequence of steps to reproduce the problem.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Tue 21 Apr - 19:39

There's no "sequence of steps", just copy an URL to the clipboard, AntDM doesn't catch it. that's all.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 22 Apr - 2:01

for some reason, now it's working again. And I didn't do anything!
(except logging out and in again. didn't even reboot the pc)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 22 Apr - 7:00

I gave an example earlier of Photoshop. Also happens occasionally and VMWare.
Perhaps one of your software, for some unknown reason sometimes blocks the clipboard.

I do not use in the capture of the clipboard, but I often face when my PC
stops working with clipboard. Two culprits I have named above.

But this case is easy to test because the clipboard stops working in all software. It retains only the previous contents and does not copy new.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 4 Jun - 6:13

Hi, for some reason Clipboard monitoring has stopped working completely in the latest versions. if fails to catch any URL copied to the clipboard. And I have set to "high" sensitivity. Doesn't work.
You fixed it in a previous beta, but then it went to the crapper again and stopped working.
|In case you're wondering, the clipboard works just fine, I copy and paste stuff all day, without any problems.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 4 Jun - 6:17

I can not reproduce this issue.
Can you give me a test example where it doesn't work?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 4 Jun - 6:23

try ANY URL copied to clipboard. any.
Just now, I was downloading the latest Chrome stable:

http://redirector.gvt1.com/edgedl/release2/chrome/Aqb3rFqdNH0EIK147khk0Q_83.0.4103.97/83.0.4103.97_chrome_installer.exe

or (64bit):http://redirector.gvt1.com/edgedl/release2/chrome/H7LN4Gjw529coJwgj1TOFA_83.0.4103.97/83.0.4103.97_chrome_installer.exe

I copy those to the clipb., nothing happens, I have to manually add new URL and only then, the URL appears magically in the new download dialog, already pasted.
In short: copying an URL is not detected, but adding a new download, then it does detect the URL in the clipboard.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 4 Jun - 6:47

I cannot reproduce a bug in your examples. These tests work for me.
There is my test here
https://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/clipboard3.wmv

I can repeat what I wrote above.
- some apps Photoshop cs6 lead to clipboard errors
- other apps, e.g. QTranslator, lead to unintentional capture operations

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 4 Jun - 7:19

- photoshop not installed.
- Qtranslator installed, but not running.

How do you explain that automatic catching doesn't work, but if I create a new download, then it will immediately detect the URL in the clipboard and automatically paste it to the "Add new download" dialog?
It either detects URL in the clipboard or it doesn't...can be both ways...

If it works for you, it doesn't mean it works for everyone, that's why it's a bug...
Can you please try and look into it?

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 4 Jun - 7:26

well, what do you know, Reinstalled 1.19.1 over the same version and now it's working again. So there's definitely something that gets screwed up by some reason and re-installing restores it...
(watch urls in the clipboard has always been enabled).

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 15 Jun - 20:05

Hi. I just wanna report that now clipboard monitoring is working "too good". I mean, it even detects when i copy the address of an html file to the clipboard, it should only detect URLs pointing to files included in the list of extensions to download, but NOT html files...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next