Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No progress window on first run after PC restart

3 posters

Go down

No progress window on first run after PC restart Empty No progress window on first run after PC restart

Post by jvidal Wed 23 Nov - 19:56

Hi!
Using v2.9.0
This is a variation of an old bug that has never been fixed. Whenever I restart my PC and try to download s/thing with AntDM (via firefox-->clicking on a link), there's is no progress window, only a taskbar icon, which only shows a gray window with a white progress bar on one corner (not the normal progress window) when you hover over it with the mouse pointer. The only way to fix this is to exit antDM and open it again, then it works normally.

I hope this can be fixed once and for all.
Best regards,
JV.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

No progress window on first run after PC restart Empty Re: No progress window on first run after PC restart

Post by antdm Sat 26 Nov - 6:16

jvidal wrote:Hi!
Using v2.9.0
This is a variation of an old bug that has never been fixed. Whenever I restart my PC and try to download s/thing with AntDM (via firefox-->clicking on a link), there's is no progress window, only a taskbar icon, which only shows a gray window with a white progress bar on one corner (not the normal progress window) when you hover over it with the mouse pointer. The only way to fix this is to exit antDM and open it again, then it works normally.
JV.
Could you show a screenshot of what it looks like?

antdm

Back to top Go down

No progress window on first run after PC restart Empty Re: No progress window on first run after PC restart

Post by jvidal Sat 26 Nov - 6:57

next time I reboot, I'll check if it happens again (I very rarely reboot or shut down my pc)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 30 Nov - 1:03

damn, I restarted my PC and this time it worled normally Mad

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 16 Dec - 22:27

I restarted my PC (because I installed some windows updates), went to download a file and, once again, no progress window whatsoever. I must insist that this only happens for the VERY first file you download after a reboot (and if AntDM is not running, it is invoked by the browser when you click the link to download that very first file). Subsequent files do show the progress window, as it is expected.
So to sum this up, it seems that when AntDm is not running, and you download a file, antdm downloads the file, but doesn't show the progress window. I closed antdm and downloaded another file, same result: no progress window. If I keep andtdm running, then there's no problem with the progress windows.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 17 Dec - 4:23

Maybe it happens with small files. The file has already been downloaded while you see the Download File window. So when you click OK, you won't see the progress window.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 17 Dec - 4:44

nope, it's not that. |I tested with files of different sizes, the progress window just doesn't appear the first time.
In fact, the first file I tried is the latest W11 update, which is 267MB in size, it would take several seconds to download it.

Oh, and BTW, I don't see a "download file" window, I have it set to download immediately, no questions asked.

Last edited by jvidal on Sat 17 Dec - 4:59; edited 1 time in total

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 17 Dec - 4:47

I'm trying to reproduce your issue, but so far without success.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 17 Dec - 5:01

thanks. Like I said you have to:
-reboot your PC
-AntDM must NOT be set to start automatically with windows
-Use firefox 64 bit
- download something

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 17 Dec - 5:12

jvidal wrote:thanks. Like I said you have to:
-reboot your PC
This item is optional. I can just close AntDM before.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 17 Dec - 5:13

not quite, most of the time it happens only after a reboot. closing AntDM might work some times (believe me, i've done plenty of testing)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sun 25 Dec - 5:56

Just rebooted, issue happened again...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Sun 25 Dec - 9:01

@jvidal

I too have AntDM set to not start automatically with Windows. I haven't noticed the stated issue with 64-bit Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Vivaldi.

Uncheck the "Download immediately" option and try.

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sun 25 Dec - 17:18

might wanna try that the next time I reboot (which I very seldomly do)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down