Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox

2 posters

Go down

Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox Empty Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox

Post by ss80504 Mon 15 Jun - 21:31

Questions on Downloading Images From Firefox:
Firefox Version 77.0.1. (64 bit)
AnrDM Version 1.19.1 Build 70778

Using the Firefox Right click menu to "Download All Images":

1. The downloading dialog box is always "on top". I have not found a way to prevent it from "Always On Top". How can I keep it from always on top?

2. When the download dialog box opens there is a bar at the top that progresses to the right, turning a darker blue. While this is happening..if I click on anything in the dialog box AntDM will crash.

3. It takes very long, sometimes more than a minute for the moving bar to complete and now able to click on images to download.

I have looked at all configuration settings and tried different setting but nothing alleviates the above issues.

What am I missing?

ss80504

Back to top Go down

Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox Empty Re: Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox

Post by antdm Tue 16 Jun - 5:36

Please give url of site where you try to download images to concretize the issue.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox Empty Re: Questions: Downloading Images From Firefox

Post by ss80504 Wed 17 Jun - 22:58

It happens on any site I try to download an image.  

The method I am using is:
- Right click on image.
- Select "Download with AntDM--> Download All
- Then downloading dialog pops up
- The fact that the dialog is locked on top is the worst problem.

I tried to post a site link but the forum won't let me post a site link for 7 days. Just try an Amazon page and then follow the above to try to download images. As I said earlier it is the same for me on any site.

ss80504

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 18 Jun - 8:50

Unfortunately, I couldn't catch the crash you're writing about.
Try the latest 1.19.2.beta. There's been some changes made. Maybe they can solve the issue.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by ss80504 Thu 18 Jun - 17:45

What about items 1 & 3?

ss80504

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 19 Jun - 5:39

ss80504 wrote:What about items 1 & 3?
#1 the latest beta build updated for you. Added possibility to change the property of the Always On Top (red Pin button) window.
#3 to download the files, you shouldn't wait for progress to end. Progress is a survey of all links to know the type of real file behind of link.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by ss80504 Fri 19 Jun - 17:23

I downloaded Beta as you suggested. Good news - no crash when clickng in download dialog while blue line is progressing. Thank you for the "pin" to change to "not always on top".

One comment on the on the new "pin" for "not always on top". I set the pin to "not always on top". Download occurs and dialog box closes. The next time I download the pin shows it is set to "not always on top" but the dialog box IS always on top. Seems the setting is not sticking for subsequent downloads.

ss80504

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 20 Jun - 5:32

ss80504 wrote:
One comment on the on the new "pin" for "not always on top".  I set the pin to "not always on top".  Download occurs and dialog box closes. The next time I download the pin shows it is set to "not always on top" but the dialog box IS always on top.  Seems the setting is not sticking for subsequent downloads.
Today's beta should fix it.
Thank you!

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by ss80504 Sun 21 Jun - 23:14

Thank you for fixing the pin for "always on top"

I found something else that does no look quite right while the "survey" is occurring.

1. On the download dialog - while the survey is occurring I can select an image to download (box beside image name is "filled in"). If I press "Download" I get a Warning pop up "You have not checked any file to Download". Press OK to dismiss. After the survey I press Download again (without re selecting the image) and download works OK.

Try pixabay.com/images/search/pages/ as a page with many images.

ss80504

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 22 Jun - 5:03

In your case you should uncheck "Scan links" box. More about it see
Scan links
This option does not make sense and confuses you to download numerous images.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by ss80504 Mon 22 Jun - 16:43

Got it. Thank you.

ss80504

Back to top Go down