Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium

2 posters

Go down

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Empty Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium

Post by Zamigiga Wed 29 Aug - 19:35

Hello:

I've tried to integrate Ant with Vivaldi through the configuration menu in the downloader.  I've manually found the Vivaldi executable path and added it, but the download helper does not appear in Vivaldi extensions.  Also, I've tried to drag the .crx file into extensions, and while it installs, the DL helper has an "X" icon through the toolbar icon and when clicked upon, says "not installed properly".  Likewise, I've tried to integrate into Chromium, but it fails in a similar fashion.  When DL helper was still available in the chrome store, I also tried it that way and gave a similar warning about not being installed properly.

Can you help?   Thank you in advance.

Windows 10 1803 17134.128 x64
Vivaldi 1.16.1279.3
(Chrome 68)

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Empty Re: Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium

Post by antdm Thu 30 Aug - 6:25

Try to install this beta build
http://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/AntDM.1.8.1-setup.exe
After installation perform "Main Menu\Browser Integration\Chrome\Restore" then check Chrome working and install manually antCH to Vivaldi.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Empty Re: Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium

Post by Zamigiga Thu 30 Aug - 11:46

Results are as follows:

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Captur10

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Captur11

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamigiga Thu 30 Aug - 11:47

Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Captur13
Unable to properly integrate into Vivaldi; Chromium Captur14

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 30 Aug - 11:53

Disable your antivirus and try to reinstall antdm again.
Chrome cannot run a native extension part "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ant Download Manager\antCH\antch.exe".
Be sure that you start AntDM and Chrome under the same user.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamigiga Thu 30 Aug - 12:01

Curious: I just downloaded the beta again and it's 3 bytes bigger. I'll try to install once again. No A/V installed here; not even running Windows Defender.

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 30 Aug - 12:14

then be sure that you start AntDM and Chrome under the same user.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamigiga Thu 30 Aug - 12:39

As it turns out, it was a problem of my own making. I had once attempted to take permission of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\ and all subkeys. It seems Ant wasn't getting permission to install the extension. When I got the Google key and children back to default permissions, Ant was able to successfully restore the chrome extension. I was prompted for a reboot, the DL helper installed in Vivaldi, and only needed to be turned on. I'm in business! I apologize for the run-around.

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 30 Aug - 12:41

Ok, well

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamigiga Thu 30 Aug - 12:58

Of course now, I have no video download window nor is the context menu working. Edit - not taking over regular downloads either. For now, I will attribute this to Vivaldi idiosyncrasies.  I will try another chrome variant to see if it is working there. I guess this is what happens when you go mucking about in the registry. Rolling Eyes

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 30 Aug - 13:00

AntDm 1.8.1 has new chrome extension. you should install\reinstall it manually again

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zamigiga Thu 30 Aug - 13:13

Okay...all working now. Thank you kindly!

Zamigiga

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 30 Aug - 13:18

Obviously, Vivaldi will not be able to automatically update the new chrome extension (antCH.0.2.x). With the release of the new version, the user must manually update the extension for Vivaldi.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down