Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Completed downloads restart themselves.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Completed downloads restart themselves. Empty Completed downloads restart themselves.

Post by Solinas Tue 21 Apr - 3:13

Version 1.17.4 under Windows 10.

Files download fine. Ant knows they are done (100% achieved). If left in the queue in a completed state, download restarts - wiping out the just downloaded file and going back to a partial, which has to re-download.

I have to sit and monitor, and delete the completed files from Ant to prevent this.

Mike

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Completed downloads restart themselves. Empty Re: Completed downloads restart themselves.

Post by antdm Tue 21 Apr - 7:09

What are your parameters of queues for downloading? I will try to reproduce.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Completed downloads restart themselves. Empty Re: Completed downloads restart themselves.

Post by Solinas Tue 21 Apr - 7:16

Very sorry - I am not sure what parameters you mean.

I queue them up and start downloading immediately, letting them download once. Nothing timed or anything.

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 21 Apr - 7:23

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Tue 21 Apr - 20:54

Note - I am not using scheduler for these downloads, but I'll give my scheduler settings:
Completed downloads restart themselves. And_sc12

I hope I did that right.

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 22 Apr - 7:01

Ok, you manually start file queues. I will retest it.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 22 Apr - 9:14

Unfortunately, I can not repeat this bug. Could you write a step by step how reproduce problem?

I repeated over and over again is quite a simple test:
- added 10 files in a queue (30-400MB)
- started main queue
- wait until all 10 files downloaded
- and so over and over again in this sequence about 10 times

If you're comfortable, you can send screenshots, videos and your comments on support@antdownloadmanager.com

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Thu 23 Apr - 0:54

Tough to capture.  I downloaded a file.  Left it in the ant queue showing it as completed, but physically deleted the file itself.

It was redownloaded.

I deleted again.

It was downloaded again.

All this time, the queue showed it had finished downloading.

Even if I close Ant, the behavior continues.

Attaching the properties files to show different download (creation) times.  Ant knew it was done, but kept redownloading.

Completed downloads restart themselves. 0310
Completed downloads restart themselves. 0110
Completed downloads restart themselves. 0210

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 24 Apr - 16:01

I do not quite understand the sequence of your actions.
You can record video as you download file(s)?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Sat 25 Apr - 0:59

It can take a while between occurances, so a video isn't appropriate.

Again - here's what happens:

1) Ant downloads a file, says it is complete.
2) A little while later, and downloads it again, even though it shows completed in the queue (look at the "created" timestamps for repeated downloads of the same file. When I check the properties, I can see it has been rewritten.
3) Until I delete the completed downloads, they periodically re-download. The only way stop this behavior is to remove completed files from the queue.

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 25 Apr - 6:20

Solinas wrote:it shows completed in the queue
this is surprising, because after downloading the file is deleted from the queue

If you email to support, I'll let you antdm debug build for the collection of the log. Maybe it will help to understand what is happening.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Sun 26 Apr - 21:06

What is the address for support that you would like me to use?

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 27 Apr - 6:55

Solinas wrote:What is the address for support that you would like me to use?
support@antdownloadmanager.com

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Wed 6 May - 20:10

I have the same problem. It doesn’t happen on all download sites or even all downloads from the same site. It IS a major nuisance when it does happen, especially if the file is large! It started happening with the previous version.

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Thu 7 May - 0:52

Hi Jaydear,

Just FYI - I collected a log of this restart occurring, and have sent it to technical support.

Haven't heard back yet.

Mike

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Thu 7 May - 1:10

Thanks Mike Very Happy

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 7 May - 6:27

Solinas wrote:Hi Jaydear,

Just FYI - I collected a log of this restart occurring, and have sent it to technical support.

Haven't heard back yet.

Mike

Please check spam folder. The answer was given the same day.

It looks like you have the scheduler enabled and configured to periodically download a file.

Please check these settings for queue and for file.
If not this error, then I have to adjust the log and upload debug build again.
Screenshots in email.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Thu 7 May - 9:05

Antdm - I assume you're talking about the scheduler in "Queues" - There's no boxes ticked in mine. I did spot one little thing though... In "Downloads" Auto-reconnect when speed drops is ticked by default. Is that the problem perhaps? I've unticked mine, so I'll let you know if it helps.

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Thu 7 May - 20:25

Hi AntDM,

I checked my emails (including SPAM), and don't see your email.

Could you please upload the text and screenshots here so both jaydear and I can see them?

Mike

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 8 May - 9:04

Solinas wrote:Hi AntDM,

I checked my emails (including SPAM), and don't see your email.

Could you please upload the text and screenshots here so both jaydear and I can see them?

Mike
I resent my last email to you again. Please see it.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Fri 8 May - 9:57

jaydear wrote:Antdm - I assume you're talking about the scheduler in "Queues" - There's no boxes ticked in mine. I did spot one little thing though... In "Downloads" Auto-reconnect when speed drops is ticked by default. Is that the problem perhaps? I've unticked mine, so I'll let you know if it helps.

Hi Jay,

It seems you accidently enabled the option "Auto-reconnect when speed drops". It is disabled by default. Hope disabling it fixes the issue for you.

Regards

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Sat 9 May - 21:28

I am not receiving your emails.

I do NOT have a spam filter.

I am receiving your topic reply emails, but not this email you say you are sending.

Please verify the email address you are sending to and resend, or please post the information here.

Mike

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sun 10 May - 5:48

Solinas wrote:I am not receiving your emails.  

I do NOT have a spam filter.  

I am receiving your topic reply emails, but not this email you say you are sending.

Please verify the email address you are sending to and resend, or please post the information here.

Mike

Strange ... I resend on your @solinas.com box again but from my spare gmail box.

The text of the letter short

It looks like you have the scheduler enabled and configured to periodically download a file.

Please check these settings for queue and for file.
If not this error, then I have to adjust the log and upload debug build again.

Please note, I got the impression that you have enadled the scheduler option "Start at" + "Every".
https://antdownloadmanager.com/uguide/module_9_1.htm
Recheck it.

If not, you can re-log, we must fix the email service. Maybe send me email from gmail box.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Mon 11 May - 22:04

khanyash wrote:It seems you accidently enabled the option "Auto-reconnect when speed drops". It is disabled by default. Hope disabling it fixes the issue for you.

It seems to have worked. I've successfully downloaded from sites I was having the problem with and they are OK.

Regards,
Jay

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by Solinas Fri 15 May - 5:03

To get around the problem, I uninstalled this file and installed 1.17.4. No issues.

I'll try reinstalling the newer one, and check the "Auto-reconnect when speed drops" setting because it worked for Jay.

Wish me luck!

Mike

Solinas

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next