Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bug in the latest x64 beta build

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

bug in the latest x64 beta build Empty bug in the latest x64 beta build

Post by jvidal Wed 5 Apr - 9:59

HI!
I just installed the latest x64 beta from apr 4 and immediately found a bug: whenever I want to download something uising the browser (right click-->save link as..." an error appears saying that the file could not be downloaded because it's blocked by ant download manager. I have NEVER seen this happen before. If I disable antdm temporarily, using the icon in firefox's toolbar, than I can download with the browser.
Please fix this!

thanks!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

bug in the latest x64 beta build Empty Re: bug in the latest x64 beta build

Post by jvidal Fri 7 Apr - 2:27

Installed today's beta (Apr 6) and I'm stiull seeing this issue:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/error10.png

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 7 Apr - 16:30

jvidal wrote: (right click-->save link as..."
Please take a screenshot of this context menu. I can't find where it is.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 7 Apr - 20:39

are you kidding me?
see the attached screenshot. it's the highlighted item

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/right_10.png

BTW, you have to right click on a link, not on a random place on the page, it's on the file you want to download! (I thought this was pretty obvious)

when I try to download something using that method, I get the error I posted above: "the download can not be saved, because it is blocked by Download with Ant Download Manager"

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 8 Apr - 7:28

I found your test site http://81.234.103.195/Coleco%20-%20ColecoVision/ but I can not reproduce your issue.
Firefox 111.0.1 x64
Try to restore default AntDM settings.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 8 Apr - 18:19

like I said, disabling AntDM from the toolbar immediately fixes it.

This is something new, it didn't happen before

Did you try to righ-click on any file and select "save link as..."?

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 8 Apr - 18:27

Ok, I found the culprit.
I restored default settings and yes, it works again, but the bug returns immediately if i UNCHECK the option "remove the empty tab...bla bla bla".
So, we've got a problem here, that option is useless, as it causes more problems than it solves, but disabling it causes this other issue.
If you recall, I opened a thread about that option and your recommendation was to just disable it. I did and now I'm facing this other issue...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 8 Apr - 18:38

while testing, I found another bug, the keys that are supposed to prevent AntDM from downloading a link when pressed have no effect.
for example, if I set them to ctrl+shift, clicking a link while pressinng ctrl+shift has no efect, AntDM still downloads the file anyway, which makes this option completely useless.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 10 Apr - 6:37

jvidal wrote:like I said, disabling AntDM from the toolbar immediately fixes it.

This is something new, it didn't happen before

Did you try to righ-click on any file and select "save link as..."?

This issue fixed in the 0.5.4 version of our addon.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 10 Apr - 6:42

jvidal wrote:while testing, I found another bug, the keys that are supposed to prevent AntDM from downloading a link when pressed have no effect.
for example, if I set them to  ctrl+shift, clicking a link while pressinng ctrl+shift has no efect, AntDM still downloads the file anyway, which makes this option completely useless.

ctrl+shift works for me.
For example your site http://81.234.103.195/Coleco%20-%20ColecoVision/, I first press the two left buttons ctrl+shift together, and then I select "save as" (keep holding the buttons!) in the browser context menu. At this moment, the link is available for download by the browser, AntDM does not capture or block it.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 10 Apr - 7:04

It doesn't work for me on firefox.
I'll update the addon and see what happens with right click-->save as...

thanks!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 10 Apr - 7:08

Unfortunately. it's not fixed and it's even worse now. Instead of just showing the error, like it was before, now, it shows the same error AND AntDM downloads the file, which is exactly THE OPPOSITE of what should happen, the browser should prompt where I want to save the file...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 10 Apr - 7:13

jvidal wrote:Unfortunately. it's not fixed and it's even worse now. Instead of just showing the error, like it was before, now, it shows the same error AND AntDM downloads the file, which is exactly THE OPPOSITE of what should happen, the browser should prompt where I want to save the file...

The addon cannot know that you select some item in the context menu.
The addon only captures downloads that are go through the browser's network mechanism. Now addon does it correctly. Press Ctrl+shift to send the download to the browser.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 10 Apr - 7:21

antdm wrote:
jvidal wrote:while testing, I found another bug, the keys that are supposed to prevent AntDM from downloading a link when pressed have no effect.
for example, if I set them to  ctrl+shift, clicking a link while pressinng ctrl+shift has no efect, AntDM still downloads the file anyway, which makes this option completely useless.

ctrl+shift works for me.
For example your site http://81.234.103.195/Coleco%20-%20ColecoVision/, I first press the two left buttons ctrl+shift together, and then I select "save as" (keep holding the buttons!) in the browser context menu. At this moment, the link is available for download by the browser, AntDM does not capture or block it.

this is NOT what i'm saying, I'm talking about presing ctrl+shift and LEFT CLICKING on a link, not right clicking...

I think you're confusing this two issues.

Issue #1: When the option to "Remove the empty tab..." is disabled, right clicking on a link and selecting "save link as..." causes firefox to display an error about the download being blocked by AntDM, after updating the addon to .5.4, it got even worse, besides showing the error, AntDM downloads the file anyway, which is exactly the opposite of what it should do.

Issue #2: When you press the keys set to prevent AntDM from downloading and LEFT CLICK on a link, it has no effect, AntDM downloads the link anyway (exactly the opposite of what you want to achieve by pressing those keys)

right clicking on a link and selecting "Save link as..." should have the exact same effect as pressing the keys set to prevent andtm from dowmloading ,while clicking on a link.
In both cases, the browser should take over the download.

I hope I was clear enough this time...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 12 Apr - 18:25

I have just installed the latest version 2.10.1 and this issues persist. I think the bug lays on the addon rather than AntDM itself.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Wed 12 Apr - 20:55

@jvidal and @antdm

I also have the “Suppress blank tab...” option disabled.

The website provided in your post is inaccessible to me, with or without a VPN.

I noticed on the website's screenshot posted here that the files have a Zip extension.

I tried downloading a zipped file from a website with Firefox to check on both issues mentioned in this thread.
1. I use the default “Ctrl” to prevent downloading with AntDM and had no problem downloading the zipped file with the browser.
2. I received the same error as @jvidal with the "Save link as" option, but the AntDM download box appeared and I could download the zipped file. The result was the same whether I enabled or disabled the "Suppress blank tab..." option.

Win 10 latest, AntDM latest, and Firefox latest

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 12 Apr - 21:12

the problem is that when I right click on a link and select "save link as..." is because I DO NOT WANT to download it with AntDM, and that is not happenning.
The whole point in right clicking and saving as... is to download with the browser and NOT with AntDM

BTW, using "Ctrl" as the key to bypass AntDM is a VERY BAD idea, because, by default, ctrl is the key modifier used to open a link on  new tab, at least in firefox. Shift is a bad idea too, as it used to open links in a new window

The ONLY way to bypass AntDM is disabling it in Firefox's toolbar, none of the other methods work

PS: yes, the site I used for the example is down now, but that doesn't matter, this happens on every site.

try here: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/0.10.1/
same result

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Wed 12 Apr - 22:00

I tried the "Ctrl + Shift" option on the below website to prevent downloading with AntDM and had no problem downloading the files with the Firefox browser.
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/0.10.1/

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 12 Apr - 22:04

doesn't work for me, AntDM ignores it and downloads the file anyway.

by the way, you have to press ctrl+shift (or the combination of your choice) while LEFT CLICKING on a link.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Thu 13 Apr - 2:14

Try this: Press and hold Ctrl+Shift and then left-click on a link, but hold Ctrl+Shift until the browser download window appears.

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 13 Apr - 2:43

it doesn't appear. AntDM takes over the download and the browser window never appears. that's precisely what I'm complaining about!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 13 Apr - 7:44

There may be a conflict with another addon in your browser. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue on Firefox.
In general, the keyboard buttous Ctrl+Shift works for me the file is downloaded using a browser.
If possible, try on another computer (browser).

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 13 Apr - 7:56

I'll do some testing...
and what about the other issue? right click--->save link... as?

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Thu 13 Apr - 19:06

@jvidal

What's other download managers' behavior with the "Save link as" option?

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 13 Apr - 22:11

a window appears saying that the file can not be saved because it's blocked by "download with ant download manager", like I reported earlier on this thread.
What should happen is that the browser should prompt where to save the file, PLEASE read the entire thread.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next