Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several bugs and other issues

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Several bugs and other issues Empty Several bugs and other issues

Post by jvidal Wed 6 Jan - 5:15

Hi!

Sadly AntDM started acting REALLY weird today. Let's see:

The progress window for each download just stopped appearing, for no reason AT ALL. I tried enabling/disabling the option, restarting the program, restarting my PC, nothing helped. I even upgraded to the latest beta, same thing, the progress window JUST WON'T APPEAR.
While trying to solve that issue I noticed an inconsistency: when you hover with the mouse over a download that's on the list (in the main window) a tooltip appears showing a few options, one of them is "Ctrl+double click: open folder", but if you right-click on the download, on the menu that appears it says "ctrl+double click: show progress window" (which does nothing, by the way). So, which one is it??? open folder or show progress window?
Another problem is that clipboard monitoring stopped working ages ago, no matter what I try, it just won't work.
Can you please look into these issues, please!

thanks in advance!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Several bugs and other issues Empty Re: Several bugs and other issues

Post by antdm Wed 6 Jan - 7:35

jvidal wrote:the progress window JUST WON'T APPEAR.
I think you disable showing progress window. Check this flag in the main settings\Tab General\Show download progress window.

jvidal wrote:Another problem is that clipboard monitoring stopped working ages ago, no matter what I try, it just won't work.
Yes, there was indeed such an old bug made after another refactoring.
Hopefully this is fixed in the latest update. Please check if it works properly now.

Thank you so much!

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 6 Jan - 8:02

No, I didn't. Didn't you read the part where I wrote "I tried enabling/disabling the option". Of course THE FIRST THING I CHECKED was if the option was enabled. Plus, I hadn't entered the settings dialog in quite some time. So I don't see how I could've disabled it, anyway. In any case the option is enabled.
And what about the ctrl+double click issue?
Please read my report again, carefully.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 6 Jan - 8:08

jvidal wrote:No, I didn't. Didn't you read the part where I wrote "I tried enabling/disabling the option". Of course THE FIRST THING I CHECKED was if the option was enabled. Plus, I hadn't entered the settings dialog in quite some time. So I don't see how I could've disabled it, anyway. In any case the option is enabled.
And what about the ctrl+double click issue?
Please read my report again, carefully.

It all works for me.
I don't understand why the progress window doesn't start on your PC. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the software. Maybe some kind of antdm settings is affecting this window...

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 6 Jan - 8:26

A assumption came to me - maybe you pushed the progress window over the edge of the screen and it remembered these coordinates.
Uninstalling the settings and reinstalling will fix this assumption.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 6 Jan - 8:42

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. I didn't wanna do that, so i don't lose my settings. I'll get back to you tomorrow, it's 4:41 AM and i'm gonna sleep now.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 6 Jan - 8:44

jvidal wrote:I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. I didn't wanna do that, so i don't lose my settings. I'll get back to you tomorrow, it's 4:41 AM and i'm gonna sleep now.
Main Menu\File\Export Software Settings - should save software setings

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 6 Jan - 16:49

thanks for the tip.
something I forgot to mention is that right before this started happening, when a new downloaded was created, the icon for the progress window did appear in the taskbar, as if it was minimized, but clicking on it only showed an empty window, right there, above the icon, but never restored the actual progress window. after that happening a few times, the window and or/taskbar icon stopped appearing at all, although antdm does download the files i cick on.

BTW, you still haven't said anything about the ctrl+double click inconsistency

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 6 Jan - 17:54

uninstalling and reinstalling partially solved the problem, now the progress window appears, but there's no corresponding icon in the taskbar as it is the usual behavior.
installed the latest beta, released today.
If I minimize the progress window, then it appears in the taskbar, but if I restore it, it disappears again.
hovering over the icon, while the window is minimized shows just a white window with a generic icon in the center, instead of the actual window, like with all other applications

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 7 Jan - 7:09

jvidal wrote:
BTW, you still haven't said anything about the ctrl+double click inconsistency
I dont understand this question. "ctrl+double click" brings up a progress window while downloading or opens the download folder if the download is complete.

jvidal wrote:
If I minimize the progress window, then it appears in the taskbar, but if I restore it, it disappears again.
hovering over the icon, while the window is minimized shows just a white window with a generic icon in the center, instead of the actual window, like with all other applications

I cannot reproduce it. What is your OS? Do you use the defauld AntDM settings? If not will this going to happen with default settings? You're not using a virtual machine (these artifacts can happen when using a VM)?
Does this happen when a video is downloaded, when a video is merged, or on any download?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 7 Jan - 16:44

hi!
using win7 x64, default settings, then I imported my settings fro the previuos installation, no change.
I use VMs, but I dont use AntDM inside them. also, this happens while all my VMs are turned off, so no relation there.
This started happening from one second to the next.
I don't download videos with AntDM.

About the ctrl+dbl click issue: in AntDM main window, if you right click on a download,in the menu that appears it says "ctrl+double click = show progress window", BUT if you just hover over the download, in the tooltip that appears, it says "ctrl+ double click = open folder".
so, what does "control + double click" do ??? open folder or show progress window??? it can't be both!
that's the inconsistency!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 7 Jan - 17:01

jvidal wrote:
About the ctrl+dbl click issue: in AntDM main window, if you right click on a download,in the menu that appears it says "ctrl+double click = show progress window", BUT if you just hover over the download, in the tooltip that appears, it says "ctrl+ double click = open folder".
so, what does "control + double click" do ??? open folder or show progress window??? it can't be both!
that's the inconsistency!

If current task in downloading state and the progress window hide "ctrl+double click" should show progress window
If current task in complete state "ctrl+double click" should open folder where is downloaded file

jvidal wrote:hi!
using win7 x64, default settings, then I imported my settings fro the previuos installation, no change.
I use VMs, but I dont use AntDM inside them. also, this happens while all my VMs are turned off, so no relation there.
This started happening from one second to the next.
I don't download videos with AntDM.
Please send me a screenshot of what you see for my better understanding. I still cannot guess what your problem is bind with.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 7 Jan - 17:45

ok, I'll make a few screenshots.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 7 Jan - 17:47

If current task in downloading state and the progress window hide "ctrl+double click" should show progress window
If current task in complete state "ctrl+double click" should open folder where is downloaded file

No, both options, one on the tooltip and the other on the right click menu. appear while the download is IN PROGRESS. That's why I'm complaining!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 7 Jan - 17:58

ok, here you go. look at the screenshots. the first shows the window in normal mode. note that there is no corresponding icon in the taskbar for the progress window.
the second screenshot shows the window minimized (which now DOES appear in the taskbar). I put the mouse over it, and the preview that appears is just a white window with a generic icon in the center, instead of a small version of the progress window (which is what happens with other applications)

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/ant_110.png

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/ant_210.png

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 7 Jan - 18:01

I was going to make a screenshot of the control+double click issue, but when I restored AntDM, it appeared like this:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/ant_310.png

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 7 Jan - 18:40

I got some more information:
I just noticed that the taskbar icon doesn't appear ONLY when the "always on top" button is pressed.
The preview shows correctly only when the window is on the front, when the window is minimized, the preview only shows the white window with the generic icon on the center...The preview should show correctly regardless if the progress window is minimized or not...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 8 Jan - 11:45

Yes, I understand you now. You about Aero Peek technology. I always disable and don't use this feature, so I didn't immediately understand your question.

Unfortunately, I cannot yet understand why there is no image of the contents of the progress window equally, as I do not understand how it can appear there, if the window is physically hidden and there is no output to it.

I don't have an answer to your question right now.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 8 Jan - 18:11

the window is not hidden, just minimized, but the aero preview should show what's happening in the window regardless if it's minimized or not, just like any other window.
btw, did you understand the ctrl+dbl click issue now??
it simultaneously shows two different functions for "ctrl+dbl click"
according to the tooltip, it's open folder
according to the right click menu, it's show progress window.
both while the download is active.
it can't be both!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sat 9 Jan - 10:44

Try the latest beta. Perhaps you will find a fixed progress window issue.

I don't understand the "ctrl+dbl click" issue.
This button combination works differently for different modes. That's it.
It would hardly occur to the user to open the download folder until the file is downloaded and it makes no sense to activate the progress window when the file is downloaded.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 9 Jan - 17:36

no, you're not getting it.
With the download IN PROGRESS (forget about finished downloads), If I right click on it, the menu says "ctrl+doubl click show progress window", but if I just hover over it with the mouse pointer, a tooltip appears and it says "ctrl+dbl click open folder", BOTH WHILE THE DOWNLOAD IS IN PROGRESS. it can't be both at the same time...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 9 Jan - 17:41

BTW, the aero preview now works as expected, progress window minimized or not. thanks!!!
wait! there's still a small glitch: clicking on the taskbar icon should toggle between normal/minimized window, but it doesn't do anything.

and clipboard monitoring is working again, as well.
thanks again!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 16 Jan - 19:05

HI!
I noticed you released v2.1.1 stable, but there's still a small glitch that persists.
While the progress window is on the foreground , nothing happens when you click on the taskbar icon (it should toggle between minimized/normal window, like with any other application)
If you minize the window with the minimize button, then you can restore it by clicking on the taskbar icon, but again, you can't minimize it by clicking on the taskbar icon again.
I hope you can look into this issue,
thanks!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sun 17 Jan - 6:00

jvidal wrote:HI!
I noticed you released v2.1.1 stable, but there's still a small glitch that persists.

This cannot be done with the existing look and feel of the program.
To change this window behavior, I need to enable the top bar (header) with minimize, restore, and close window buttons, as all windows have. This in turn leads to changes in the window behavior logic and program appearance.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sun 17 Jan - 6:22

but the progress window does have those buttons, in the top-right part of it!
Also, when the window is minimized, it is possible to restore it by clicking on the taskbar icon. What is not possible is to minimize it by clicking again on the icon.

Last edited by jvidal on Sun 17 Jan - 6:24; edited 1 time in total

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next