Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one...

2 posters

Go down

Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one... Empty Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one...

Post by Sputnik Sat 30 Jul - 21:32

Hi !

I've just thought of an additional feature that could be added to Ant Download Manager's Settings.

It would consist in the possibility for the user to determine in which "Explorer" he wishes to open a given folder from Ant Download Manager.

Actually it is "Windows Explorer" which is used automatically by Ant Download Manager to open a given folder.

I personally don't make anymore use of this explorer, I'm using a commercial explorer instead which is far superior to "Windows Explorer".

I know that I am not the only one to use such kind of alternative to Windows Explorer, and there is a vast choice of such alternatives.

I am pretty sure that all the Ant Downloader Manager's users who use such alternate explorers will be happy to be able to specify to Ant Download Manager which explorer it must use when it opens up any folder.

Thank you very much.

Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one... Empty Re: Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one...

Post by antdm Mon 1 Aug - 6:56

Thanks for your suggesion!
In fact, AntDM runs a simple OS command - to open a folder, and the OS decides what means it will do.
Probably the easiest way for the OS to open a folder in Windows Explorer.

This is the simple part you don't want to complicate.
Otherwise, one may encounter many peculiarities of the explorers' work.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one... Empty Re: Option to specify which Explorer should be used, Windows Explorer or an alternate one...

Post by Sputnik Tue 2 Aug - 23:37

Thank you for your answer.
Since my first comment I've done a little searching on the subject and I've found that this question is maybe not as simple as it seems at first sight.
I think it is maybe possible to add such an option, but it would certainly take a couple of hours of work, without speaking of all the bugs you would have to take care of from different customers using different explorers.
I agree that it is maybe preferable not to mess with that kind of things and also your time is more needed for the development of things more directly related to the downloading processes themselves.
Don't worry, no problem, I will survive...

Sputnik

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 3 Aug - 10:24

Оh, yeah Smile

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down