Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application Empty Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application

Post by Ramy Fri 4 Nov - 17:17

Hi,

I think that with the passage of time the number of files increases and it is necessary to get rid of some of them, especially the repetitive ones, or for example, old updates related to applications.

So if it is possible to include the search feature in the main window while improving the indexing and filtering process from similar search results, In other words, grouping similar files to facilitate comparison and reduce scrolling while showing their size to separate them at the same time by looking.

I have a question related to the search process, is it practically possible to inventory and count the downloaded files in the form of a PDF file, for example, or a visual analysis of the download process within a day, a week, or a month, for example, with an explanation of the number of times the download failed and the reasons for failure, Detailed visual analysis will help to know emerging problems and their frequency and send a report to you to find out the common cause with the possibility of fixing it even if it is a similar old problem.

Thanks

Ramy

Back to top Go down

Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application Empty Re: Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application

Post by antdm Sat 5 Nov - 11:46

I think that these new features will not be eeded at all.
Most of our users use our software to download videos and nothing more.
They go in and download videos and forget about AntDM.
In order for the project to continue its life and development, widely demanded innovations are needed.

antdm

jaydear, plb7777 and Ramy like this post

Back to top Go down

Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application Empty Re: Suggestion to include the search feature in the main window of the application

Post by plb7777 Sat 12 Nov - 17:53

antdm wrote:I think that these new features will not be eeded at all.
Most of our users use our software to download videos and nothing more.
They go in and download videos and forget about AntDM.
In order for the project to continue its life and development, widely demanded innovations are needed.
dear antDM i like your thoughts because 90% users does the same. even they tick the remove link after download buttons also. the best part is ant download manager should stick to
1. better UI, light weight and modern (consume less ram)
2. browser integration with download buttons over web players
3. more stable and advanced download engine.

about download engine i would like to add something while downloading using hls protocol (i don't know that uses m3u8) antDM downloads whole playlist to the destination folder as multiple files and then convert them into one. it will be better if antDM download such files and merge to a temporary file and when the download complete final file will be generated.

thanking you

plb7777

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sun 13 Nov - 8:29

[quote="plb7777"]
antdm wrote:
Thumbnail take up a lot of memory. Switch to Table mode and you will see an interesting result.
[quote="plb7777"]
antdm wrote:
3. more stable and advanced download engine.
It's imposible.
To speed up downloads, streaming segments are downloaded randomly. Sometimes some segments cannot be downloaded. They fall out of the final processing.
This does not allow downloading and merging video segments at the same time.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by plb7777 Sun 13 Nov - 14:38

[quote="antdm"][quote="plb7777"]
antdm wrote:
Thumbnail take up a lot of memory. Switch to Table mode and you will see an interesting result.
[quote="plb7777"]
antdm wrote:
if table mode uses less ram and the thumbnail is not attractive can you please stick to only one rather than developing both.

and it is a bug while downloading if i change the settings the application crashed. kindly fix it.

plb7777

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sun 13 Nov - 16:11

I am currently unable to reproduce this error.
Write how to reproduce it.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down