Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bug in the latest x64 beta build

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

bug in the latest x64 beta build - Page 2 Empty Re: bug in the latest x64 beta build

Post by jvidal Thu 13 Apr - 22:36

Ok, I got some more information. I tested it on Waterfox G5, which had addon v 0.5.1 installed and right click---> save link as... worked as expected (Browser prompted me where to save the file), but then it got automatically updated to 0.5.4 and now i'm experiencing the same issues as on firefox.

so, I confirm, the problem lays on the addon.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

bug in the latest x64 beta build - Page 2 Empty Re: bug in the latest x64 beta build

Post by antdm Fri 14 Apr - 10:02

jvidal wrote:I'll do some testing...
and what about the other issue? right click--->save link... as?

I already tried to explain. The extension does not manage the browser context menu, the extension captures links inside the browser.
The browser sends a download link from the context menu. At this point, the extension captures it. The extension does not know that the link came from "save link... as" context menu.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 14 Apr - 19:03

then why did it work just fine with version 0.5.1 of the addon and not with later versions????
read the post immediately above yours...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by khanyash Fri 14 Apr - 19:27

jvidal wrote:a window appears saying that the file can not be saved because it's blocked by "download with ant download manager", like I reported earlier on this thread.
What should happen is that the browser should prompt where to save the file, PLEASE read the entire thread.

I meant other download managers like IDM and FDM.

khanyash

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 14 Apr - 21:02

no problem with FDM. save link as... bypasses FDM

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 17 Apr - 6:07

For example I test IDM+Firefox with https://driverfresh.com/ru/laptops/dell/inspiron-15-n5040-n5050.html. IDMs behavior is like AntDM.
I tested only IDM because all our supporters and opponents set this software as an example of the best fownloader.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 17 Apr - 6:53

what do you mean? clicking? right-clicking and save link as...?
Clicking with the bypass keys?????

using the site from your example If I right click -->save link as I get the same error about the file can't be saved because it's blocked by Download with Ant Downlaod Manager, besides AntDM downloads the file INSTEAD OF THE BROWSER. this worked fine with addon 0.5.1, it crapped out with v 0.5.3 and 0.5.4.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 17 Apr - 7:57

I am talking about recent posts

khanyash wrote:
jvidal wrote:a window appears saying that the file can not be saved because it's blocked by "download with ant download manager", like I reported earlier on this thread.
What should happen is that the browser should prompt where to save the file, PLEASE read the entire thread.

I meant other download managers like IDM and FDM.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 17 Apr - 8:01

jvidal wrote: this worked fine with addon 0.5.1, it crapped out  with v 0.5.3 and 0.5.4.
It worked in a particular case due to a bug. I fixed it.

Also do not forget about the rule as old as the world - we fixold bugs, and introduce new ones  bug in the latest x64 beta build - Page 2 1f60a .

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 17 Apr - 19:35

any chance of fixing the new bug???
(I mean the message that appears about the download being blocked by antdm, and the fact that right clicking and choosing save link as... should bypass AntDM, which is the whole point of it).
Additionally, the keys that are supposed to bypass AntDM don't work either

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 14 Jul - 4:55

Using AntDM v.2.10.3. b86204 and these issues persist exactly the same.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2