Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

Post by antdm Thu 20 Dec - 16:44

Comparison of downloads is based on assumptions. Probably the previous assumption is not entirely correct for some cases.
Here is a new version https://antdownloadmanager.com/news.php
Thanks!

antdm

Back to top Go down

Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked. - Page 2 Empty Re: Unexpected behavior when "start download dialogue" is ticked.

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 16:51

thanks!
And thanks for listening to the users. Other authors ignore users' comments.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 20 Dec - 16:56

you can email me to support. your help very useful!

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 16:58

I'm just helping with bug-squashing Smile

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 18:11

Well, I tried the latest beta, here are my results:

On this page: jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html

Firefox: clicks are catched. seems ok.

Chrome: clicks are catched, but the browser's "save as.." dialog still appears (if AntDM catched the click, then the browser's dialog SHOULD NOT appear).

On both: AntDM crashes after every finished download.

Hope this helps.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 18:13

regarding the "vivaldi issue", now it works correctly.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 20 Dec - 18:20

what is your browser chrome or vivaldi?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 18:47

No, what I meant by "vivaldi issue" is the problem downloading the vivaldi installers (where AntDM mixed up the file names).
please refer to a previous post.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 20 Dec - 19:01

found another problem:

AntDM doesn't catch clicks on this page:

amd
com/
en/
support/
graphics/
amd-radeon-r9-series/
amd-radeon-r9-300-series/
amd-radeon-r9-360

On FF 64, win7 x64.

Right clicking and choosing "download link", doesn't work either. It downloads an html file instead of the actual file.

(had to break the link, teh stupid forum doesn't allow links)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 6:30

Chrome: clicks are catched, but the browser's "save as.." dialog still appears (if AntDM catched the click, then the browser's dialog SHOULD NOT appear).
Please see this video
http://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/video_test.wmv
I do not understand at what point you see "save as.." chrome dialog.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 11:35

please download new build. I hope I have taken into account your comments about amd.com site

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 17:09

antdm wrote:
Please see this video
antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/video_test.wmv
I do not understand at what point you see "save as.." chrome dialog.

When I click any link on the page, I see two things (simultaneously):
1. the AntDM progress window (this is correct, it's downloading the file I want)
2. The browser's "save as.." dialog. THIS IS INCORRECT. IF AntDM intercepted the downlod, THIS SHOULD NOT APPEAR.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 17:12

Well, that video shows more or less the same behavior I'm describing, the only difference is that the browser starts downloading right away, withOut asking where to save the file, but the problem is EXACTLY the same:

When AntDM intercepts the download, THEN THE BROWSER SHOULD NOT DOWNLOAD THE FILE. ONLY ANTDM SHOULD DOWNLOAD IT.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 18:12

Install new build 55104 it does that you want.
Give me link to the test when you are downloading file and see the browser's "save as.." dialog.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 18:17

excuse me, link to what?

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 18:23

you download some file and see "The browser's "save as.." dialog." I dont see that message but I know that it sometimes occurs if the browser knows that this file is rarely downloaded and may not be reliable.
Give me a link to this file (if you have it) so that I can see this message.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 18:24

Alright, tyested the latest build (55104). Here are the results:

On chrome and firefox:

Now it works as expected here : jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html
Only the progress window appears, no browser "save as" dialog. This is the expected behavior.

It also works correctly on the AMD site.

Well done!

The only issue I found is that antDM crashes after every finished download. Hope you can fix this as well.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 18:28

The only issue I found is that antDM crashes after every finished download. Hope you can fix this as well.
I still could not reproduce. Tomorrow try again.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 18:31

Please give me link that causes a crash.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 18:36

almost al links.
try anything from this page, for example: jpsoft.com/all-downloads/downloads.html

(click on any download link)

The windows log show this:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: AntDM.exe, versión: 1.11.1.55104, marca de tiempo: 0x5c1cf9a2
Nombre del módulo con errores: unknown, versión: 0.0.0.0, marca de tiempo: 0x00000000
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x05658460
Id. del proceso con errores: 0x273c
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d4995183777053
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ant Download Manager\AntDM.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: unknown
Id. del informe: d15a67ce-0544-11e9-b193-005056c00008

the offset and process id vary, the other info is identical for all errors

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 18:44

ок, email me to support. it will be easier.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 21 Dec - 18:50

could send me your registry branch ?HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AntGROUP

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 19:09

ok.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 21 Dec - 21:22

Oooops, found another bug. AntDM does not intercept downloads on sourceforge.net

go here: sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/

and try to download.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2