Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ant renames dup files without asking

2 posters

Go down

Ant renames dup files without asking Empty Ant renames dup files without asking

Post by humbleguy Mon 27 Jan - 23:56

- The version of AntDM used: latest version, 1.17.1, 1/24/2020
- Your version of Windows : 10 Pro
- Your Internet Browser : Firefox 72.0.2 64-bit
- Specify if you can repeat the problem: Yes
- If an AntDM error message appears, give it to us: No error message
- For a download problem, give the link of the file and the address of the internet page:

*New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days, which makes filling out your form impossible... Add a colon after https and a period(.) before the org.

https //volafile org/r/fit
(You can pick any of the files, I just picked the first 3 I saw)
https //volafile org/get/DBDylZYV0c4qn/Endure - Mind%2C Body%2C and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance - Alex Hutchinson - 2018 - 0062499866.epub
https //volafile org/get/DBGghQ2yCiNnB/The Yoga Beginner's Bible.epub
https //volafile org/get/DBGgkyPBiWt7B/Vegan Bodybuilding Made Easy.epub

make sure to include this as a cookie (minus the quotes), otherwise they won't download:"allow-download=1"

- Please specify if it is a standard (or classical) download or a download with Generators Premium Links (Debrids): Standard/Classical, no premium links
- Describe step by step how the problem occurred:

I set the Extra Download option to always Ask what to do when downloading a file that it realizes is a duplicate. However, when pasting several links into the List section (Plus icon on main window, then select List category of the popup window. For my example, I had a copy of the middle file already in my download directory), it automatically downloads everything again and renames the files instead of asking what to do and giving me the chance to tell it skip the duplicates entirely.

For sites with restricted download speeds and connection limits, this leads to a huge waste of time - and for time-sensitive download links like those on Volafile, it leads to losing the chance to even download the links I'm using Ant to manage.

*my workflow involves copying  decent sized lists of links into Ant for files that may or may not already exist in the target directory, so it would be unfeasible to put them in one by one. That's why I'm hoping you can make the configuration options apply to all downloads, not just those entered one by one.

humbleguy

Back to top Go down

Ant renames dup files without asking Empty Re: Ant renames dup files without asking

Post by antdm Tue 28 Jan - 6:40

Your question:
why when downloading the list of files there is no request for duplicate names?

If you need to download 100, 1000 or more files, then the question of duplicating files is hardly appropriate. This will pause the download queue and additional questions annoy the user.

I foresee your proposal: ask once and remember the choice. OK.
The user started the queue of 100 files and went to drink coffee. 51-59 files contain duplicates. He comes in the hope that the files have been downloaded, but a silent question awaits him.

It can come up with many inappropriate cases when downloading a list of files.
My opinion is that there shouldn’t be any questions uploading a list of files.

Is not it?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Ant renames dup files without asking Empty Re: Ant renames dup files without asking

Post by humbleguy Wed 29 Jan - 15:23

What about just giving the option to skip any duplicates (as opposed to overwriting or downloading it all over again) as a configuration option that affects everything? That seems like a good option to have for both single downloads and lists.

humbleguy

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 29 Jan - 15:33

Just wondering. How much do you upload files to the list?

Often the question of quantity. If a user downloads files one-time 10-20, then he can check downloads manually. If 100-200, these checks can be tedious and automation is desired.

I should think about your offer.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by humbleguy Wed 29 Jan - 16:20

To answer your question, a lot of my downloads are broken up into chunks, like how a large zip file will have x.zip.001, x.zip.002, etc. Sometimes they're small files, but other times they're 500MB+ each.

LinkGopher is one of my favorite Firefox plugins b/c it converts all the links on a page into text in a new tab, so I can simply copy the chunk of text with the links I'm interested in, and then paste those into AntDM.

Often I have to close the popup from AntDM detecting the links in my clipboard b/c it doesn't allow you to add any cookies there (that I can see), so I have to click the Plus icon on the main interface, but I don't consider that to be a big deal. It's just part of my normal workflow at this point.

humbleguy

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 29 Jan - 16:26

Ok, the problem is clear. I will think about it.

Note: you always cat disable clipboard capture in AntDm settings if it annoys you.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 31 Jan - 11:34

The new 1.17.2 beta has a fix for your problem. You can try it. See settings Config\Tab Downloads\Extra.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down