Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN!

2 posters

Go down

Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN! Empty Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN!

Post by jaydear Mon 13 Sep - 0:40

I've got this recurring problem again where the 'video box' gets stuck on the desktop, covering icons, after closing the main AntDM window. Toggling 'video box' does not affect it. The only way I can get rid of it is to restart windows. It's a real nuisance!

--- System Information ---
AntDM:2.3.2.78998
---

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN! Empty Re: Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN!

Post by antdm Mon 13 Sep - 6:13

If I understood your issue correctly, then you do not need to reboot Windows. You should kill the antdm.exe process in the Task Manager.
Unfortunately this error is so rare that I can't catch it Sad

antdm

Back to top Go down

Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN! Empty Re: Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN!

Post by antdm Mon 13 Sep - 9:57

I did some test with the latest beta and could not reproduce this issue. Try to use the latest beta.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Tue 14 Sep - 0:00

antdm wrote:...you do not need to reboot Windows. You should kill the antdm.exe process in the Task Manager...

The order of closing down FireFox, disabling the Video Box and the method of minimising AntDM sometimes causes this problem. It's a minor bug, but annoying when it happens.

When the Video Box image won't go away it is obvious that it has been abandoned by AntDM and it is just a ghost stuck in the display memory. Shutting down AntDM in Task Manager or Process Explorer does not remove it. Putting the PC to sleep and waking it does not remove it. Ant DM has not crashed, it has just left a visible remnant behind.

New information: Without restarting Windows, if I go to a site with downloadable video and turn on the video box again, AntDM over-writes the ghost image! Turning off the Video box without starting a download then clears it! Hope this helps Very Happy

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Tue 14 Sep - 0:01

antdm wrote:...Try to use the latest beta.

I've d/l'd and installed it. I'll let you know if it is better Smile

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 14 Sep - 6:47

jaydear wrote:
When the Video Box image won't go away it is obvious that it has been abandoned by AntDM and it is just a ghost stuck in the display memory.

These things happen when the virtual machine is running. Are you not working with a virtual machine (wmvare, virtualbox)?
Generally speaking, these are not errors. Virtual machine disrupts Windows synchronization in window cleaning and painting. Applications do not receive a signal to update their active window. The Video Box window no longer exists, AntDM has hidden it, and the program that came to the foreground must update its window. But she didn't. In the case of the virtual machine, it prevented Windows from sending a signal to redraw the window.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Tue 14 Sep - 14:52

No, I'm not using a VM, just loading AntDM when Windows starts and turning the video box on and off to suit what I'm doing  Video box stuck on desktop... AGAIN! 1f607

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Sun 19 Sep - 3:47

I haven't had the problem occur again so far.

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down