Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog

2 posters

Go down

AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog Empty AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog

Post by jvidal Sat 9 Apr - 7:58

Well, the tittle says it all. AntDM won't catch any downloads on the microsoft update catalog.
go to
www.catalog.update.microsoft.com, search (for example) for 890830 and try to download it. Ant won't catch it.
I haven't added exclusions for the site/domain, in case you're wondering. AntDM works fine on other sites.

I hope this can be fixed ASAP, next tuesday is patch tuesday and I download A LOT of stuff from there!

edit: tried the latest beta 2.6.3, still doesn't work.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog Empty Re: AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog

Post by antdm Sat 9 Apr - 11:47

Thenk you for your notification!

Some reason made me add an exception https?://*.download.windowsupdate.com/* to the download to this file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Ant Download Manager\exclude_addrs_def.txt" ).
Unfortunately, I don't remember why this was done.
Obviously, this line should now be deleted.

I will delete it in the today beta.

antdm

Back to top Go down

AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog Empty Re: AntDM stopped working on microsoft update catalog

Post by jvidal Sat 9 Apr - 19:43

Funny, that line indeed exists in the .txt file, but nothing shows on the program's setting.

update: I removed that line and now it works (after restarting AntDM)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sat 9 Apr - 22:32

BTW, what's the purpose of the file exclude_addrs_def.txt ??
Exclusions should be added in the program's interface. Additionally, whatever address are added to that file doesn't show up in the list of exclusions in the program's interface.
Why two different places to add exclusions, with one of them being "secret"?

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Sun 10 Apr - 11:55

exclude_addrs_def.txt is supplied by default with the software.
These exceptions have been added based on my experience and the experience of other users to avoid annoying requests for unnecessary downloads.
To give you an example https?://*.ebay.*/*.dll you understand that a file like this should never be downloaded under any circumstances. Also many other lines.
This file rarely needs to be corrected or updated.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Sun 10 Apr - 18:07

Oh, OK.
thanks!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down