Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu

2 posters

Go down

Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu Empty Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu

Post by Jostcause2 Sat 19 Nov - 15:46

Hello, there is an issue when I download videos from YouTube Shorts / and Normal videos.

If I right click on top of the video thumbnail to open the browser context menu I move to Download with AntDM > Download Link.

The video download options window will open fine but sometimes it will give me an HTTP error.

If the video downloads successfully it will not have a proper title, the downloaded video is always named videoplayback.mp4 WebM etc. or (VideoID).mp4 WebM etc.

Thank you for your time.

Jostcause2

Back to top Go down

Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu Empty Re: Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu

Post by antdm Sun 20 Nov - 3:58

You upload videos in a weird and unusual way.
The context menu is not intended for video capture and downloading.
You should use one of the following methods
#1 Video Button
#2 Video Box
#3 Darg&Drop Youtube link from browser to AntDM (AntDM Link pParking)
#4 Copy&past Video link into Add Video Download AntDM dialog (button of main AntDM screen).
These are the correct ways to download YouTube videos.

antdm

Jostcause2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu Empty Re: Downloading Video from YouTube using the context menu

Post by Jostcause2 Tue 22 Nov - 5:48

Ok I understand, I will use other methods for downloading I thought It were a bug but seems YouTube is problem, thank you.

Jostcause2

Back to top Go down