Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time - Page 2 Empty Re: clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time

Post by antdm Mon 30 Mar - 8:28

Download the latest beta again and try to use filter: Config\Tab File Types\Do not automatically download from the following sites.
For example add filter ",*youtube.com/watch*"

antdm

Back to top Go down

clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time - Page 2 Empty Re: clipboard monitoring doesn't work most of the time

Post by jvidal Mon 30 Mar - 17:57

I had already added *.youtube.com , but it didn't work.
I'll try the new beta.
BTW, a really old bug came back with this beta, AntDM started again downloading "response.bin" files when you visit any google site, I hope you can fix it (again!). I hope it doesn't happen with today's beta.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Mon 30 Mar - 18:09

update: tried the latest beta, no luck. it still capturres youtube URLs copied to the clipboard, even with the exception added.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 31 Mar - 6:23

jvidal wrote:I had already added *.youtube.com , but it didn't work.
I'll try the new beta.
BTW, a really old bug came back with this  beta, AntDM started again downloading "response.bin" files when you visit any google site, I hope you can fix it (again!). I hope it doesn't happen with today's beta.

The problem of capture "response.bin" resolves a exception file
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ant Download Manager\exclude_addrs_def.txt"
rule: https?://*.google.com/*.bin

Try to fix it. Perhaps google has changed the link to thisfile.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Tue 31 Mar - 6:28

jvidal wrote:I had already added *.youtube.com , but it didn't work.

Delete the lead dot and put an asterisk at the end of the rules --> *youtube.com*
It works for me. Retest please.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Tue 31 Mar - 6:32

let's see!
update: nope, still catching. Remember we're talking about URLs copied to the clipboard, not click catching

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Wed 1 Apr - 7:13

jvidal wrote:let's see!
update: nope, still catching. Remember we're talking about URLs copied to the clipboard, not click catching

I hope that there is no error, and you really are using the latest version

jvidal wrote:we're talking about URLs copied to the clipboard
Yes

Here is my simple test https://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/clipboard2.wmv
I can not reproduce your problem. Blocking mask does its job in the software settings.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Wed 1 Apr - 22:52

I just installed build 68530 and it is still capturing youtube URLs copied to the clipboard.
The example you gave me is useless, I'm talking about youtube URLs, like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZvPtclQ6w
not direct links to a regular video file.

I have *youtube.com* added to the exclusions list, but it seems to have absolutely no effect at all.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Thu 2 Apr - 6:13

jvidal wrote:I just installed build 68530 and it is still capturing youtube URLs copied to the clipboard.
The example you gave me is useless, I'm talking about youtube URLs, like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZvPtclQ6w
not direct links to a regular video file.

I have *youtube.com* added to the exclusions list, but it seems to have absolutely no effect at all.

This is video of my youtube test. Download and see how I test it, perhaps you do it differently.
https://antdownloadmanager.com/downloads/test/clipboard2.wmv

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 2 Apr - 20:28

oooooh, ok, I thought you were using it as an example.
you should've told me to watch it Smile

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 2 Apr - 20:41

Oh, BTW, antDM won't download this video, the browser prompts me what to do with the file. I have the WMV type added to the extensions list. If I copy it to the clipboard, then antDM does download it.
maybe it's another occurrence of the extension failing bug...

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 2 Apr - 20:47

OK, I watched your video. It seems I was adding the url in the wrong option, I was adding it in "do not start automatically downloading from the following addresses" (the last button at the bottom of the page)", instead of the white box in the center. thanks!

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Thu 2 Apr - 20:51

now I now why. The translation is all wrong.
In the spanish version it says for the center box "para estos sitios de forma manual", which is COMPLETELY different from "do not automatrically download from the following sites".
It should say "No descargar (automaticamente) de los siguientes sitios"
Even the "automatically" should not be there.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 6:21

Please give me correct translation for these lines I should fix it.

English translation file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ant Download Manager\Languages\0409_en.lng"
Spanish:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ant Download Manager\Languages\040a_es.lng"

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 7:24

10137=Do not automatically download from the following sites:
10137=No descargar automáticamente de los siguientes sitios:

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 7:25

BTW, I still can't download the video with antDM...
(I'm talking about the wmv video you posted a few messages up)

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 7:29

About this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRZvPtclQ6w
if this, then probably, stopping you mask *youtube.com*

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 7:33

no,no,no, the WMV you posted here, with the instructions on how to add an exclusion. AntDM refuses to download it.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 7:41

WMV is extension is not intended for automatic download. If you want it then you should add it in the software settings.
WMV - video file without audio track.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 7:44

I have already added the extension, please read my comments again

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 7:45

if I copy the URL to clipboard, Ant downloads it right away. If I click on it, the browser prompts me what to do with the file.

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 7:48

jvidal wrote:I have already added the extension, please read my comments again

works.
You should add ",WMV"  to Config\File Types\Automatically start downloading the following file types

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 8:09

I have already done that, it doesn't work. that's what I've been trying to tell you.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/ant11.png

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Apr - 8:13

Browser reboot does not help to accept settings changes ?

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by jvidal Fri 3 Apr - 8:15

BTW, I just found, by pure chance, another bug:
If I click on this link: https://i.servimg.com/u/f28/20/10/75/21/ant11.png , the browser takes me to the image, that's ok.
but, If I copy it to the clipboard, then Antdm Downloads it, and don't even have the PNG type in the "automatically download list"!!!!!!!

Last edited by jvidal on Fri 3 Apr - 8:21; edited 1 time in total

jvidal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next