Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converting video prevents next file download

2 posters

Go down

Converting video prevents next file download Empty Converting video prevents next file download

Post by Shpigor Sun 9 May - 11:57

Hello!

Adding videos from m3u8 (from addon capture). The behaviour is next:

1. Active queue size is 2
  2. Add 3+ videos, 2 videos start downloading, 3rd in queue
  3. 2 videos have been downloaded and converting, video 3 is still waiting
  4. Video 1 have been converted, video 3 starts download just after conversion
  5. Bandwidth was not used all conversion time

1 feature. If you add new download during conversion new download starts immediately

Shpigor

Back to top Go down

Converting video prevents next file download Empty Re: Converting video prevents next file download

Post by antdm Mon 10 May - 5:52

Downloading and converting (merging) is a single file download processing for AntDM.
There is no point in separating these operations. There is a starting point - getting the link and there is an end point - creating the output file. Everything that happens between these two states is a download.

In addition, do not forget that the conversion is a heavy operation for the CPU and it takes a lot of CPU resources.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Converting video prevents next file download Empty Re: Converting video prevents next file download

Post by Shpigor Mon 10 May - 6:51

Maybe add some workaround? E.G run 1 extra slot to use bandwidth when others is converting. Why not run merging in separate process?

I tried to make load with delay. When file 1 is loaded to 50% started file 2. But after few loads next files become synchronous - percent to percent load, start to load at the same time.

If you download heavy files when converting will take 5 min, all that time no downloading.
This is a problem only with batch downloads like 15+ video files

Shpigor

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 10 May - 7:07

Shpigor wrote:Why not run merging in separate process?
So runs ffmpeg.exe conversion mode (config\tab conversion\to convert files to use). In this case, the load on the central processor will be greater than when using the built-in antdm converter.

As I understand you, you add videos to the queue so that you can then start the queue at your convenience. If this is the case, then download speed is not a priority for you and you can wait.
If you want to download some video faster (out of order), you can select item "Force Download" from the context menu.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shpigor Mon 10 May - 9:22

antdm wrote:So runs ffmpeg.exe conversion mode (config\tab conversion\to convert files to use). In this case, the load on the central processor will be greater than when using the built-in antdm converter.
I tried ffmpeg but it also don't start next download during converting.

In my case i download series (300mb) with addon. 4 active downloads. Conversion takes ~15 secs. I think it's because of cycle conversion delay (30ms) which I just saw after your recommendation in settings. And all that 15sec was no downloads.

I want to say about case: I have 1 active download setting and few long videos in queue. Conversion of 1 video takes e.g 3mins. Another download could start in these 3 minutes. Downloading process takes much less %cpu than conversion

Last edited by Shpigor on Mon 10 May - 9:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : %cpu)

Shpigor

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Mon 10 May - 9:37

Try to increase the number of downloaded files simultaneously.

You want the conversion operation to not be considered part of the file download. You want the next download file from the Internet after downloading the previous file without taking into account the conversion. This behavior violates the behavior and logic of the program itself and will lead to other ambiguities.

You are considering your particular case while the developer looks at the problem wider and tries to make the work of the program more unified.

antdm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shpigor Mon 10 May - 9:55

antdm wrote:Try to increase the number of downloaded files simultaneously.
As i wrote before - it does not help because all downloads are become synced in start/end time even with delaying. Also if server restricts num of active downloads.
antdm wrote:This behavior violates the behavior and logic of the program...
I understand. The simple way is to force next download or temporarily change active downloads to 1 more.

3 active downloads are set.
All 3 files converting and there are files in queue. 1 next download force to start (or active downloads become 4). Download starts and active downloads become 3 again.

This is just partial case and my seeing of possible improvement Smile

Shpigor

Back to top Go down