Ant Download Manager (AntDM) Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempting to download the wrong file

3 posters

Go down

Attempting to download the wrong file Empty Attempting to download the wrong file

Post by jaydear Tue 8 May - 1:52

I can download LibreOffice 6.0.3 successfully with AntDM, but not the Help file. The links are quite different, but AntDM tries to download the main software again and advises that the file already exists - which is correct, it does - but AntDM is not trying to download the correct file.

It is as if AntDM is only looking at the first part of the download link address.

Disabling AntDM and downloading the Help file using the browser's own manager works properly.

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Attempting to download the wrong file Empty Re: Attempting to download the wrong file

Post by francois Wed 9 May - 13:38

Which version of AntDM did you install?
Which internet browser do you use?
Is the extension correctly installed and activated?

I can't reproduce your problem and the download works fine.
I used Vivaldi with the Chrome extension.

See the result with the screenshots:
Attempting to download the wrong file Xfbb

Attempting to download the wrong file 7lqv

Try again with this unfinalized version 1.7.8:
DOWNLOAD

Write me if this problem is still present.

Support AntDM - Francois

francois
Admin

https://antdm.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Attempting to download the wrong file Empty Re: Attempting to download the wrong file

Post by jaydear Wed 9 May - 13:59

francois wrote:Which version of AntDM did you install?
Which internet browser do you use?
Is the extension correctly installed and activated?

AntDM v1.7.7
Firefox Quantum v59.0.3
Extension is in and working as far as I can determine - the icon is in the toolbar and blinking and AntDM pops up asking about the category, etc. when d/ls are imminent. Downloads generally happen as expected - only the Libre Help file failed as I described.

I'll d/l 1.7.8 and try it tomorrow.

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by francois Wed 9 May - 14:48

Ok thank you for your answers

I tried with Firefox Quantum. I can download the LibreOffice help file.

After clicking on a link, if the AntDM window is displayed, the extension is activated. (version antFF2 0.2.18 : Do you have this version?)

francois
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by francois Wed 9 May - 14:55

otherwise it is another extension that causes this dysfunction.
--> try to disable all Firefox extensions, keep only AntDM enabled. If you can now download, there is definitely an extension that causes this problem.

I'll wait for your answer.

francois
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Thu 10 May - 8:15

AntDM 1.7.8 is working correctly to d/l the Libre Help file Smile

The AntDM extension in Firefox is shown as v0.2.18(0.1.13)

Thanks for your help. I've purchased a Key.

Last edited by jaydear on Fri 11 May - 4:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydear Thu 2 Aug - 1:13

I'm still occasionally having this problem of AntDM reporting that a file already exists even though it definitely does not! I think AntDM is not coping with file names that have periods within them. It seems to me that it is only comparing filenames up to the first period instead of looking all the way to the last period and the extension, e.g. AntDM sees "lame3.100-64.zip" and "lame3.100.zip" as the same filename. Can you have a look into this problem please? I'm using v1.7.11

jaydear

Back to top Go down

Post by antdm Fri 3 Aug - 9:04

Please give me a couple links to test.
I think that most likely the links on which you download the program look the same or very similar.

antdm

Back to top Go down